[Skencil-users] Skencil installation problems...

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Sun May 21 17:07:04 CEST 2006

Hi Timothy,

Am Donnerstag, 18. Mai 2006 15:02 schrieb Timothy W. Grove:
> Hello Folks! Just joined the list. I like what I see in Skencil,

cool!

> I just
> can't get it working under Windows. I tried the older binary version, and
> now have turned my attention to the latest source code.

Joonas Paalasmaa did the port of the 0.7 series to windows and I have not seem
him around for a while, so the port is unmaintained currently.
We appreciate any help with it.
The best place to sort out the technical details of getting in running
is the skencil-devel list.

> I've spent too long as it is trying to figure this one out! I "think" I've
> included everything I've needed from the installation directions, but still
> must be missing something! The following build attempt ends with "command
> 'gcc' failed: No such file or directory". Any clues from this print?

I have never attempted to build on windows, so I am also poking in the dark.
Am I right in guessing that this is the result of the last line,
I am quoting below.

> I've
> attached a copy of my edited w32setup file. I'm attempting to build under
> Windows98, but get same results under WinXP. (Nice to switch on the Linux
> box and see things up and running in a matter of minutes!) Any suggestions
> welcome.

> Version 0.7.12

The SVN version might have other improvements, btw.

> building 'Sketch.Modules._type1' extension
> gcc -mno-cygwin -mdll -O -Wall -IC:\PYTHON23\include -IC:\PYTHON23\PC -c
> C:/src/skencil/trunk/Sketch/Modules/_type1module.c -o
> c:\src\skencil\trunk\sketch\modules\_type1module.o

It jumps into my eye that the path to -c is using slashes, while this might
possibly be backwards slashes on windows.
I take it you are trying to build with mingw?

Best,
Bernhard R.

--
www.kolab-konsortium.com  Professional Maintenance, Consultancy and Support.