[Skencil-users] sK1

jbiddier jbiddier at comcast.net
Mon Nov 13 20:34:52 CET 2006

Hi Igor, Just so you know:

 > sK1 tarball on SourceForge is old summer preview

 >>It compiles and installs on Ubuntu 6.06 (Dapper) without problems.

If you comment out line 72 and 73 of the install.sh script (the two
"export LD_*_PATH" statements) and add the path /usr/local/lib/sK1/lib
with "crle' it will compile on Solaris 9 with the Sun Studio 11
compiler. Naturally, you can't open or save files for KDE is not
installed (no open/save menus).

Also there is a color map problem. But this problem also exists with
Skencil 6.17 on this particular Solair 9 box (using the SunStd. 11
compiler). Don't know the issue, it is not a problem now, so I will not
investigate. But based on this I would suspect it should work on Solairs
8 with the GNU compiler v3.x.

 >1. Full CMYK support

I would agree with Tobias, this is a good thing. The color menu still
uses the RGB format. Is there a plan for a CMYK menu or an out of gamut
warning for the RGB if that is to stay as is?

Also. I like the fact that you include all that is needed in one tarball
(cuts back on the dependencies).

You and your team have done a nice job on this fork. Good luck!

--J