[Skencil-users] sK1

Igor Novikov igor.e.novikov at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 23:39:22 CET 2006

Hi Joel,

>it will compile on Solaris 9 with the Sun Studio 11 compiler.

We don't try supporting Solaris platform, because we have no such hardware
at this time, but if this target will be sufficient we can do it.

>Naturally, you can't open or save files for KDE is not installed (no
open/save menus).

As I wrote in previos message we plan improve Tk-based dialos. It should
fixes the problem.

>Also there is a color map problem.

hmm... Can you provide us sK1 screenshots under Solaris 9? It would useful
resolving this issue.

>Is there a plan for a CMYK menu or an out of gamut warning for the RGB if
that is to stay as is?

We plan to create extended color control panel. Something like this:

http://www.valdyas.org/~boud/images/karbon_stars.png

Also to have complete canvas control the object browser is needed.

>You and your team have done a nice job on this fork. Good luck!

Thank you for the appreciation of our efforts. We will try releasing sK1 as
soon as possible.

Sincerely,

Igor Novikov
sK1 Team