[Skencil-users] sK1

jbiddier jbiddier at comcast.net
Wed Nov 15 06:31:49 CET 2006

Igor Novikov wrote:

> >Also there is a color map problem.
>
> hmm... Can you provide us sK1 screenshots under Solaris 9? It would
> useful resolving this issue.

OK, I sat down for about 5 mins. and figured it out - and it was rather
embarrassing! I did a "xwininfo" and saw that my 24 bit video card was
set to 8 bits. Because CDE looks the same at 8bits as it does at 24
(same crappy 8bit icons), I could not tell. I would assume that  Gimp
and Netscape must have their own colormaps or some way of using the
video card for they looked fine too. So I wrongly assumed that Skencil,
Tk or Python must of had some kind of problem on that particular Solaris
9 box.

So, there are no problems here with the compiling (small modification to
the install.sh) and basic running of sK1 on Solaris 9 (SunStd. 11
compiler) - outside no 'save' or 'open' dialogs (which you have stated
that you will being fixing :-) ).

Thanks.

--J