[Skencil-users] Join forces for skencil1/sK1? (was: sK1)

Tobias Hilbricht hilbricht at linopus.de
Mon Nov 20 18:28:49 CET 2006

Am Montag, den 20.11.2006, 01:04 +0200 schrieb Igor Novikov:
> Therefore our opinion is to try join forces after sK1 v0.9 release.

I do not ask you for a time scale but I am looking forward to the sK1
release.

> Inkscape project has several weakness. First is SVG primary format
> which is useful for screen graphics only.

>From my communication with the Inkscape mailing list I took the
impression that the Inkscape developers have no idea about the concept
of printing by printing offices (CMYK, spot colours etc.). The current
SVG specification lacks essential components for professional printing.

> We plan that our potential users (first of all, designers) will find
> in sK1 a friendly enviroment like under Win. Therefore we don't plan
> any extended help system for first release (only short application
> description).

I think a good help can make the difference. I could contribute help in
German once you published sK1 and if sK1 is planned to be multilingual.

As you plan to implement many requirements for a full fledged vector
drawing application on the very solid base which Skencil provides I
welcome your efforts very much.

How many of you are working on sK1?

Yours sincerely

Tobias Hilbricht