[Skencil-users] Help requested

jbiddier jbiddier at comcast.net
Mon Sep 4 13:23:37 CEST 2006

franco morelli wrote:
> Hi,
>  I've  installed Skencil-0.6.17 via the installation script "./setup.py
> install" with apparently no error. When I start skencil it throws this
> error message :
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/local/bin/skencil", line 30, in ?
>     import Sketch
>   File "/usr/local/lib/skencil-0.6.17/Sketch/__init__.py", line 53, in ?
>     import _sketch
> ImportError: No module named _sketch
>
> What's wrong?
> My Linux version is 2.6.11-1.35_FC3.
> Any help will be appreciated!
>
> Franco

I have a page for SuSE Linux 9.x that might help you. You can skip the
compiling PIL (python imaging) section.

The section on dependency packages might help in that it identifies all
the packages (dependency programs) needed. Fedora has a different "break
down" of the packages, for example I think Fedora (like RedHat) has a
python package and a separate "python-imaging" RPM that may not be
installed by default and is needed by Skencil (do a "rpm -q --all | grep
-i imaging" OR grep -i python to see what you have and the version).

The page can be found here:

http://home.comcast.net/~jbiddier/suse_install/

Report back to the group if you need more help (I no longer have Fedora
boxes to work with, so I can only help so much). Also provide  more
information on your system (what version of python, PIL and so on).
Hopefully some in the group will have exactly what you need.

Good luck.

--J