[Skencil-users] A little set of plugins and utilities for skencil : sktools

Lane Lester llester at info-fast.com
Thu Apr 19 15:05:15 CEST 2007

Stanislaw Skuratov wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Some time ago I wrote a set of utilities/scripts for our favorite :)
> skencil vector editor. Here it is:
> http://sktools.zu.org.ru/ .
I've switched to another distro (Ubuntu > Kubuntu) since trying skencil,
so I just tried to install it to check out the tools.

I installed 0.6.17-7build1, but when I ran it, I got a seg fault. Not
very informative, I understand.

Then I tried to install 0.6.17-7 and got this:
dpkg - warning: downgrading skencil from 0.6.17-7build1 to 0.6.17-7.
(Reading database ... 180262 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace skencil 0.6.17-7build1 (using
skencil_0.6.17-7_i386.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement skencil ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of skencil:
 skencil depends on python (<< 2.5); however:
  Version of python on system is 2.5.1~rc1-0ubuntu3.
dpkg: error processing skencil (--install):
 skencil

But now skencil runs!

Lane
--