[Skencil-users] Suggestion/feature request

John Coppens john at jcoppens.com
Sun Apr 29 02:25:55 CEST 2007

Hi guys.

In several of my passtimes, I've encountered a need for knowing the
length of a 'line' on a drawing. Not just a straight line, which would be
relatively simple to do, but also the length of beziers and similar
curves. Here are a few applications:

- Drawing a path on a map, and wanting to know the distance.

- Drawing patterns on sheet metal or plywood, and wanting to know if the
parts will be combinable afterwards.

- Pattern drawing (same problem as previous, though normally even more
complicated forms).

I haven't really seen any drawing program that has this feature, but it
would be really helpful! Suggestions?

John