[Skencil-users] No rulers and guide lines on x86_64

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Feb 9 10:53:13 CET 2007

On Thursday 08 February 2007 16:14, Lothar Birk wrote:
> thanks for the reply and --one cannot say it often enough--
> thanks for this wonderful program (all contributors included).

You are welcome! Thanks for giving you feedback!

> The Python version in 2.4.4 and tcl/tk 8.4
> is installed. I used to compile skencil from source but somehow tried to
> reduce the workload and switched to rpms.
>
> The problem persists if I install skencil from source (I tried again).
>
> I guess it has something to do with compiling and running it on a 64bit
> architecture.

Yes, I suspect the same. It could be in the python or tcl/tk binaries as well.
Thanks for trying the source code version,
this eliminates one potential source of problems.

> My hope was other people have already encountered and
> solved the problem before. May be I have time in a couple of weeks to
> dive into this.

Can you add a report about the issue to
https://wald.intevation.org/tracker/?atid=101&group_id=5&func=browse ?
Thanks,