[Skencil-users] Fwd: Join forces for skencil1/sK1?

Igor Novikov igor.e.novikov at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 11:25:25 CEST 2007

Hi Bill,

 At that point I pretty much lost hope for seeing a
> cross-platform Skencil any time soon.  But if you guys are taking on
> the challenge of rewriting that stuff then great!  Sounds like you've
> already made a lot of headway.

It is not a such complex task. Xlib based implementation is a most complex
thing.
For example, we implemented Cairo rendering in sK1 and this engine is
simpler.
And using our experiments I suppose that we _can_ reimplement  native
modules
to achieve multiplatform feature.

Also Pyrex is not a best choice for multiplatform tool. Try using ctypes
(FFI).

Last note: you forget one issue. :) In outsourcing there is a byword:
"If you need complex and high-cost project, just select American team.
Large and low-cost project - you need team from Bangalore.
But if your project is an impossible - Russian team only!"
Of course it is a joke, but this joke has real background  :)

Sincerely,

Igor Novikov
sK1 Team
http://sk1.sf.net