[Skencil-users] Wanting to Try Skencil

Bernhard Herzog bh at intevation.de
Mon Mar 12 16:51:02 CET 2007

Lane Lester <llester at info-fast.com> writes:

> Bernhard Herzog wrote:
>
>     Note that the support for the CMX files is not complete. So some parts
>
>     of the files might not be read correctly or at all.
>
> That must be a horrible format to decipher.

Yes.  It's relatively complicated and underdocumented.

>         Alas, after I installed the .deb of
>         0.6.17-7build1 in Ubuntu Feisty, I got this upon execution:
>
>             *** glibc detected *** /usr/bin/python: free(): invalid pointer:
>             0xb7a3e728 ***
>
>     Which python version do you use?
>
> Synaptic shows both 2.4.4.4-2ubuntu4 and 2.5-0ubuntu6 installed.

According to the traceback you posted earlier, you're using the one
istalled as /usr/bin/python.  What's the output of the following
command:

  /usr/bin/python -V

If it's Python 2.5 you're most likely running into a bug in Skencil
which has been fixed in SVN quite a while ago and which will be released
with Skenciol 0.6.18.  I really should be getting around to releasing
that :(

  Bernhard

PS: Could you send you're mails as plain text?  Plain text is generally
preferred over HTML on mailing lists.

--
Intevation GmbH                                 http://intevation.de/
Skencil                                           http://skencil.org/