[Skencil-users] Join forces for skencil1/sK1?

Igor Novikov igor.e.novikov at gmail.com
Tue May 29 14:44:32 CEST 2007

Hi Bernhard,

We have another useful improvement. We refactored svgloader.py to remove
pyXML package dependency. As you known, pyXML is no longer maintained and
last release was in 2004. Therefore pyXML has a bug in build script and
produces corrupted package installation.

To avoid these problems we substituted pyXML by built-in Python SAX parser.
The source code you can find on following link:

http://sk1.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/sk1/trunk/sK1/src/app/plugins/Filters/svgloader.py?view=log

In current state (revision 207) refactored svgloader.py is fully compatible
with Skencil 0.6.x. Later compatibility will be broken due to text engine
UTF8 migration.

Sincerely,

Igor Novikov
sK1 Team