[Skencil-users] noob question: vector editing scanned line drawings?

silvercityproductions lovingfamily511 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Oct 13 20:39:12 CEST 2007

Hi.  I'm very new to graphics etc. but pretty experienced computer-wise and
have been hacking at this for a while.  Hope someone can tell me if I'm
barking up the wrong format-tree.
I'd like to be able to scan a tracing of my kids' drawings or whatever into
the computer, and do edits/fills etc., as vector images.  I've found lots of
conversion software that will take the scanned image from a bit format to a
vector format, but what I wind up with in svg or sk format is a single
object that cannot be edited except as a single unit.  So far, all I can see
to do is to trace over the original drawing using curves and editing to
perfection.  Isn't there a better way?  Thanks!!!