[Skencil-users] Opening/Converting Adobe Illustrator (Windows) files in Skencil

CheAziz aziz.mongi at qi.co.tz
Fri Feb 1 11:43:29 CET 2008

Greetings!

I am a very, very, very, very new Linux user. I took the ultimate (after
procrastinating for over a year) decision and converted to Linux, running
Ubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy).

I am a media professional, and one of my major tasks involved professional
graphic design work, which, until now, was done using Adobe Illustrator CS2
(Windows), exclusively.

I have two options to solve my problem.

1) Installing VMWare, which requires a minimum of 1GB (recommended is 2GB)
on my laptop, and then installing Adobe Illustrator CS2, and continue
working as before... but what is the point? I am supposed to be using Linux,
not Windows...

2) Solving the problem of compatibility, so that I can do all my vector
graphic design with Linux. (I wonder why Adobe wont port Illustrator to
Linux, since it is such a great package... LOL).

I prefer solution number 2, but if solution number 1 is the only way out, I
will follow it. I welcome your suggestions and advice.

Many many regards,

./CheAziz
Location: Dar es Salaam, United Republic of Tanzania