[Skencil-users] Opening/Converting Adobe Illustrator (Windows) files in Skencil

Igor Novikov igor.e.novikov at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 14:43:25 CET 2008

> Did you try to open your adobe illustrator files with skencil? As far as
> I can see there is an ailoader plugin present that should be able to
> load those files. I have never used it, so I have no idea how good a
> job it does.

I think Skencil is not useful for Adobe Illustrator CS2 files. ailoader
plugin
can parse only Postscript based AI files, i.e. versions older AI 9.
Adobe Illustrator CS2 format is PDF based.

You can try using latest Inkscape version. It seems this version has a good
PDF importer.

Sincerely,

Igor Novikov
sK1 Team