[Skencil-users] Skencil 1.0alpha

Igor Novikov igor.e.novikov at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 14:16:17 CET 2010

Hi all!

We have a good news: Skencil project is revitalized!
Last months were spent on fixing all critical issues in Skencil:

   - new distutils based build system
   - project structure is refactored as a Python 'skencil' package
   - fixes for Tk 8.5/8.6 support
   - 64bit platform-related fixes
   - mixed indents are eliminated in Python source code
   - UI fonts and colors import from Gtk engine is implemented
   - ruler widget reimplemented to use Xlib drawing instead of Tk
   functionality
   - palette widget is redesigned
   - multiple fixes in Russian translation

Now the project can be compiled on all modern distros. We have prepared
packages for recent versions of Ubuntu, Mint, Fedora, OpenSuse and
Mandriva (both 32bit and 64bit). You can fetch them here:

http://sk1project.org/viewpage.php?page_id=21

Skencil will stay a comparatively lightweight vector graphics editor for
users
who consider sK1 and Inkscape too heavy. In next version we are going
to finish porting on GTK widgetset.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to contact Skencil developers.

Igor Novikov
sK1 Project
http://sk1project.org