[Winpt-users] Unable to Verify detached signatures with 0.11.3

Timo Schulz twoaday at gmx.net
Tue Dec 20 14:01:57 CET 2005

On Tue Dec 20 2005; 11:03, djek wrote:

> > What does "blank" in this case mans?
>
> Tried it, nothing happens when I follow this procedure.
> No signature, no crash, no nothing

I'm again not sure if I understand. You mean the signature won't
be verified and the Dialogs is shown?

> I DO crash when I try to sign a file.
> After typing my very secret password, winpt crashes, no Dr.Watson, but I
> have to kill it in the taskmanager.

Weird. Is it possible you try with a 'test secret key again? If it also
crashes with this key, please send it to me so I'm hopefully able to
reproduce it. I tried with 2 test keys and I never had any problems.
(Did you create a detached/cleartext/normal signature? How big is
 the source file, etc...)

Hint: The new code is slower for bigger files so if just the hour glass
      is shown, there is activity. Of course if WinPT crashes, something
      is wrong.

> > > Environment is Windows XP Home Media Edition
>
> Mine is W2K nl

Thanks,

        Timo