[Winpt-users] Unable to Verify detached signatures with 0.11.3

djek djek at xs4all.nl
Tue Dec 20 19:39:37 CET 2005

Timo Schulz wrote:
> On Tue Dec 20 2005; 11:03, djek wrote:
>
>> > What does "blank" in this case mans?
>>
>> Tried it, nothing happens when I follow this procedure.
>> No signature, no crash, no nothing
>
> I'm again not sure if I understand. You mean the signature won't
> be verified and the Dialogs is shown?

I think I did something wrong here.
I tried it on a other computer (same OS) and everything worked fine.

>> I DO crash when I try to sign a file.
>> After typing my very secret password, winpt crashes, no Dr.Watson, but I
>> have to kill it in the taskmanager.
>
> Weird. Is it possible you try with a 'test secret key again? If it also
> crashes with this key, please send it to me so I'm hopefully able to
> reproduce it. I tried with 2 test keys and I never had any problems.
> (Did you create a detached/cleartext/normal signature? How big is
>  the source file, etc...)

Again this did not happen on a different computer, sames OS
The only difference I can think of is that I have 2 private keys on the
first computer, instead of 1.

I'll investigate and try again tomorrow on the first machine.
Maybe I'm a version behind or something.
sorry about the confusion.