[Winpt-users] Unable to Verify detached signatures with 0.11.3

Timo Schulz twoaday at gmx.net
Sat Dec 24 12:55:44 CET 2005

djek wrote:

> The 'slow' one is a Pentium 4, 2.4 GHz,1 GB memory
> The fast one is a Athlon 64, 3000+,1 GB memory

On any machine >= 1000 Mhz it should be an issue
of miliseconds to verify files <1MB.

> When I sign a file with GPGee <http://gpgee.excelcia.org/> it is very
> fast on both machines.

GPGee still uses my old MyGPGME lib which uses a different
approach to pass data to GPG.

Anyway, even with GPGME fast data exchange is possible. I will
spend some time after the holidays to find out what's the
problem.

> On the Athlon it takes about 5 seconds to sign a 22 MB file, detached,
> no ascii output
> GPGee takes about 2 seconds

See my comment above.

> Maybe, but why doesn's GPGee have the same problems?
> He uses your MyGPGME library :-)

Yes, but WinPT uses the orignal GPGME package and thus
you can't compare the both programs and how they work.

	Timo