[Winpt-users] Passphrase caching doesn't work under some conditions

Raphael PRECIGOUT [raphael.precigout@free.fr] raphael.precigout at karinet.com
Thu Nov 3 02:52:36 CET 2005

Hi,

The passphrase doesn't seem to be cached unless I previously decrypted
something with my secret key :
1. start winpt, open the file manager, drag and drop a file to be
encrypted, select "file" menu and "sign" --> doesn't work (the
passphrase needs to be typed each time the secret key is used.
2. decrypt a file I already encripted with my public key (so that I do
need my passphrase to be unlocked. --> since that step the passphrase
caching works.

P.S. using winpt 0.10.4-beta (2005-10-26), gpg 1.4.3-cvs on win XP Pro
SP2 + security patches.

Regards,
Raphaël