[Winpt-users] Passphrase caching doesn't work under some conditions

Raphael PRECIGOUT [raphael.precigout@free.fr] raphael.precigout at karinet.com
Tue Nov 8 04:22:01 CET 2005

Hi Timo,

Still having problems with passphrase caching, when using the 0.10.5
release:

Open "file manager", drag and drop a file, right click and select sign :
I type my secret key passphrase. (now my secret key should be in cache)
Do it once again, I have to type my secret key passphrase again !
Now I decrypt some file previously encrypted with my public key : I have
to type my secret key passphrase (once again)
Since that point my secret key passphrase is in cache : signing or
decrypting a file doesn't require me to type my secret key passphrase
anymore.

In fact it seems the secret key passphrase is cached only when it is
used for decryption.

P.S.
I'm using winpt 0.10.5-beta (2005-11-06), gpg 1.4.3-cvs on win XP Pro
SP2 + security patches.
Config : caching for '1021' seconds, word wrap at column '0', use
temporary file (check box cleared), don't use clipboard viewer (check
box cleared), don't skip key validation (check box cleared), key list
mode is 'Normal', wipe mode is 'Gutmann', keyserver config path is
'C:\Program Files\GnuPT\WPT\keyserver.conf', hotkeys are enabled, my
keyring is backed up in the 'GPG home folder' when WinPT closes.

Raphaël