[Winpt-users] Mysterious window problem

Timo Schulz twoaday at gmx.net
Mon Nov 14 21:22:38 CET 2005

Hi!

I'm a little concerned about the problem that the cache window
sometimes remain on the screen. It must have something to do
with the local environment.

Maybe even with registry privileges. WinPT uses a key counter which
is stored in the registry. If this value cannot be updated, it might
be possible that the dialog remains on screen.

Anybody with these 'mysterious window' problem, please can you check
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\WinPT\nKey? If the value is 10 times bigger
than the actual key count (or a 'random' number like 4986723), it would
be nice to send a mail to the list.

Or maybe the problem is related to the account privileges. I guess many
work with admin rights. Maybe the problem occurs if you work with user rights.

I'm really interested to solve this issue but I need a little help.

Thanks,

        Timo