[Winpt-users] Announcement for WinPT 0.10.2-beta

Timo Schulz twoaday at gmx.net
Tue Oct 25 14:31:26 CEST 2005

Hi!

I'm pleased to announce the first beta of WinPT which uses the original
GPGME package. The version is 0.10.2-beta. I will add the "-beta" part as
long as the code needs to be tested. Propably for 2-3 more releases.

But in general the new version should work exactly like the old version.
I tried to test much of the core functions and in the last time, less and
less bugs & problems occurred. I don't say it's ready for daily use, but
pretty close to it.

First a quick note about the installation procedure:

a) Unzip the archive into a single directory.
b) Backup your old gpg.exe version and replace it with the gpg.exe
   from the archive. This beta (and all newer versions) need at least
   GPG 1.4.3-cvs or newer.
c) The DLLs do _not_ need to be copied to the SYSTEM32 folder. It is
   perfectly okay to have them in the same directory where WinPT.exe
   exists.
d) Finished.

Neither the configuration nor the registry values changed.

You can download the release at the WinPT project page at
http://wald.intevation.org      (under "Files")

You can also get the source code there ("SCM").

sha1sum of the file:

	6ae8dd9585c1f5278a5c81053a0b7f6b8671c2c1  winpt-0.10.2_beta-exe.zip

Please report all problems to the list and in case of real bugs,
please use the tracker to fill out a bug report.

Here is an overview what's new:

* Show GPG information box centered relative to the dialog which called it.

* Support %APPDATA% in the GPG registry to have better support for multi
  user environments.

* Improved native language support.

* A lot of minor bug fixes all over the place.

I encourage all users to switch to this version so it reaches the
same level of stability as the old version. I did not change any
critical code, so the problems which can occur should not destroy
any data (maybe the clipboard contents but not keyrings, etc...).

I will provide the files on http://www.winpt.org also, but for now
the primary site for the beta phase is the new project page.

	Timo