[Winpt-users] Use of OpenPGP card

Timo Schulz twoaday at gmx.net
Tue Oct 25 21:25:25 CEST 2005

On Tue Oct 25 2005; 13:03, Duncan McQueen wrote:

> Can I somehow import the keys from the PGP card? If so, where do I browse to
> import them? It won't let me continue without generating a key (or importing

The information stored on the card contain only the raw crypto data
needed to do the decryption and signing. The actual OpenPGP (GPG) data
is located in the pubring.gpg and secring.gpg (just a stub which indicates
to use a card). You can save a key url, on the card and with the
'fetch' command in gpg --card-edit you can import the GPG key from
this URL.

IMHO you always need the GPG part of the key also, but I will check this.

Did you lost the GPG key data or maybe I don't exactly understand the problem.

        Timo