[Winpt-users] Better errormessage when subkey is missing

Timo Schulz twoaday at gmx.net
Sat Apr 1 20:30:34 CEST 2006

Snoken wrote:

> I happened to have a keyring that wasn't updated when I tried to
> decrypt a file. WinPT kept asking for the password - thought I might
> have got it wrong, but I hadn't. When I checked with gpg on the
> commandline I got a message that a certain subkey was missing. Thats

Actually the passphrase callback should be only shown when a passphrase
is actually needed. To make sure I really understand your problem here:

the subkey was missing and thus you could not decrypt the data, right?
But even so WinPT asked for a passphrase even if the key does not exist
in the keyring (subkey!).

	Timo