[Winpt-users] GPGoe 0.7.0

Juan Ignacio Gaviria gaviria at fastmail.fm
Wed Apr 12 06:01:32 CEST 2006

Hi Timo!

GPGOE v.0.7.0 has been exhibiting an erratic behavior in my machine. At
times the verify box would not show up although text in the message was
selected and copied to the clipboard.  I would not be able to sign/encrypt
messages either.  This had not happened with previous versions, but it was
just a coincidence.  I reinstalled beta3 and got the same behavior.

After some trial and error I found what seems to be the culprit: this would
only happen if a program called "Free Download Manager" was loaded.  It
makes sense since download managers usually look for internet addresses in
memory and hence there would be some kind of conflict.

I am letting you know because I reckon many users will have some kind of
download managers installed in their machines and this kind of erratic
behavior will make them think that GPGOE does not work.

Also, what do you mean by "support for quoting the mail text"?

Best regards,

Juan Ignacio Gaviria
Isla Margarita
Venezuela