[Winpt-users] Firststep Info

Timo Schulz twoaday at gmx.net
Tue Aug 1 09:35:08 CEST 2006

Maurer Roland wrote:
> Sorry for a newbie question

There is absolutely no problem with a newbie
question, but please _always_ provide much
information as possible.

> Where can I get a first steps document, I have allways the problem , that my
> private key is not found correctly .

What WinPT version you use?

And please describe what did you do to import your key pair?

Usually the key pair is splitted into twoaday.asc and twoaday_sec.asc.
Import the public key first and then the secret key. I never had any
problems with it. But please make sure you use the patched gpg 1.4.4
version or gpg 1.4.3.

> I can't import key (not trusted ID) too, How can I self trust them ?

This sounds like the "old" GPG 1.4.4 problem with the import. gpg4win
1.0.4 contains a patched gpg 1.4.4 version, the gnupg basics pack also.
I tested the import of some random keyserver keys and I could not
encounter any problems.

	Timo