[Winpt-users] Another pre version before 1.0.0

djek djek at xs4all.nl
Mon Aug 7 21:18:48 CEST 2006

Timo Schulz wrote:
> djek wrote:
>
>> I tried to validate the zip with your expired key with the File Manager.
>
> My expired key? I don't have an expired key.
> The expiration date of my laptop (mobile) key has been changed.
> If you still use the old key, you should sync it with a keyserver code.

Well, you signed it with your laptop key.
The one I had, had expired.
I's updated now.

>> It got an error 'Error during verification process', not a very helpful
>> message.
>
>> maybe something for 1.0.1?
>
> In any case I will add this to my TODO list. IMHO the clipboard
> verify dialog is more user friendly, I guess I forgot to change
> this for the file manager part.
>

>> After updating the key (key server update works fine!)
>> it all worked, yay :-)
>>
>> using gpg 1.4.5 and winpt-1.0.0pre3
>
> Nice to hear this.
>

> Then I guess I will release 1.0.0 in 1-2 days.

I would like to suggest to offer the WinPT_Intro.pdf as a separate
download on wald.intevation.org.
Nice documentation, but 1 is enough :-)

Speaking of the pdf, is gpg 1.4.5 not the required version?
People might get into trouble trying to run (the unpatched) gpg 1.4.4
with winpt 1.0.0.
Just thought I'd mention it.

> Thanks for teh hint,

You're very welcome.