[Winpt-users] Building a Plugin and a frontend for GPG

Timo Schulz twoaday at gmx.net
Tue Aug 8 19:37:14 CEST 2006

Vineet Madan wrote:

> I needto build a plugin for outlook for GPG. and I also need to build a
> frontend having all basic features of GPG. Can anyone please guide me as
> what language should i pick up to do these jobs. All material on net talks
> about VBA. Can the task be built in VC++ if yes what version and edition

To make sure I understand you, you can _NOT_ use the existing programs
which are available (for example WinPT and GPGol), right?

> If you wish to answer can you please tell what all tools one must have in
> order to start building the plugin and frontend...Pl suggest some books if

If you need to start from scratch, you should make sure that you are
able to import functions from a Windows DLL, because GPGME is the
de-facto standard interface lib to GPG. If you also plan to write a
new GPG interface lib, you can use any language.

Most of the available GPG "related" code is written in C/C++ and
then Java/C#.

	Timo