[Winpt-users] gpg4win signature error upgrading to WinPT 1.0

David Gamey david.gamey at rogers.com
Thu Aug 17 12:35:24 CEST 2006

Timo,

This was the older version, as I hit the missing key problem upgrading.  This is fixed now.

-   WinPT is allowed out on those ports.
-   The http key retrieval was run after launching key manager and
    selecting the keyserver menu beside file ...
    There was an ldap, an http, and several hkp servers.
-    My difficulty with search was my error, it works if I can connect
-    The only host in this dialog I can connect with is the http server,
    ldap says not implemented and none of the hkp servers connected

I may not be able to look at the problem for several days to see if it repeats.

The automatic key retrieval is interesting.

Thanks.

Timo Schulz <twoaday at gmx.net> wrote: David Gamey wrote:

> I tried opening the key server dialog from key manager and ran a search on the id (below).
> Search produced a "could not connect to the host" error.

In the WinPT Intro PDF file, there is a paragraph about personal
firewalls and WinPT. If there is no autmatic rule system, WinPT
might not be allowed to connect to the internet.

In general it's a good idea to allow the proces outbound connections
to port 80, 11371.

But I will check this.

> However, I was able to receive the key from the http host.

With WinPT http import?

 Timo