[Winpt-users] Consolidation, Differences, Overlap in Features, ETC......

Timo Schulz twoaday at gmx.net
Sun Feb 5 18:13:33 CET 2006

On Sun Feb 05 2006; 11:41, Juan Ignacio Gaviria wrote:

> along with the GPGOE plugin (for Outlook Express).  Sure, there were some
> glitches in installing and configuring, but everything I needed semed to be
> there (even a fairly good spanish *.mo).

I currently try provide new translation files, but this needs time. And
with time I mean, the translation itself and to find a maintainer.

Installers are a complex task and the gpg4win installer tries to build
"automatically" so a new version can be provided very fast when updates
of the included programs are available.

> fine but I still keep my GPGOE plugin working and, frankly, I like this one
> better.

Actually I planned for a long time to "clean up" this plugin but
currently I don't have any time for this task.

> So, to tell you the truth, I am for a consolidation process, taking WinPT as
> the "axis" and certainly I am for taking GPGOE development out of the

I will try to talk with the other involved persons and "relay" your
feedback to them.

> registry.  If this could be avoided we would be able to use straight from a
> memory stick (pendrive). That would be very nice, Timo.

I work on a mobile feature in WinPT which allows to run WinPT from
a mobile device. And there is no use of the registry or temp files
except on the mobile device.

Due to lack of time, I can't include it in the next release but I
already implemented parts of the system.

<hint>
In general it would be useful if you could add such "feature requests"
to the wald.intevation.org (project:winpt) tracker so I have a better
overview about such things.
</hint>

Thank you for the feedback, it's welcome and useful.

      Timo