[Winpt-users] Performance problems with larger files

Timo Schulz twoaday at gmx.net
Wed Feb 22 15:49:46 CET 2006

Hi!

I just wanted to say that we found the problem why WinPT is very
slow while it processes larger files (on Pentium systems with
enabled HT).

This problem should be fixed in the latest GPGME version and I
plan to release (hopefully!) WinPT 0.11.8 at the end of the
week with the new DLL to solve the problem.

I would be happy about any feedback from users with P4 (HT enabled)
machines after the release is out.

Anybody who doesn't want to wait, it's also possible to create the
gpgme.dll from the latest CVS version and compile it with mingw32.
It should be sufficient to overwrite the old dll with the new version.

   Timo