[Winpt-users] Announcement for the second pre-release of 1.0.0

Thomas Harold tgh at tgharold.com
Mon Jun 26 17:27:35 CEST 2006

Thanks for taking those under consideration.

A few more for the wishlist:

- A hotkey to bring up the key manager window (Ctrl-Alt-M or
Ctrl-Alt-K?)  I have so many icons down in the system tray that WinPT
gets shoved into the inactive area and it can be a pain to go fishing
for it.  Maybe hotkeys for the Card Manager and File Manager windows as
well.

- A hotkey to clear cached passphrases

- A hotkey to bring up the Clipboard Editor window

- At some point (v2?) a re-worked configuration for hot-keys where I can
pick which actions I want a hotkey for, which ones I don't and what the
hotkeys should be.  For instance, I may decide that I don't want to use
the current-window hotkeys at all.  Or I may only want to assign hotkeys
for encrypt/decrypt but not signing.

- Buttons / menu items on the various windows (Key Manager, File
Manager, Card Manager, Clipboard Editor) to allow easy access to the
other windows.  Easier then fishing around in my system tray for the
WinPT icon.

- Buttons on the Clipboard Editor window to encrypt/decrypt what is
showing (rather then using the hotkeys).

- The "Encryption" window where I pick which keys to encrypt to does not
remember column widths.  It would also be nice if I could resize this
window (and have it remember that as well).

- It would be nice if the clipboard editor window was resizable and
remembered its location.