[Winpt-users] GPGol part of Gpg4win

Timo Schulz twoaday at gmx.net
Sat Mar 11 21:08:36 CET 2006

On Sat Mar 11 2006; 12:27, Alan Jones wrote:

> After installed GPGol I had options to open up the Keymanger and it
> opens WinPT's keymanager.... that is fine who needs 5 key managers.

I'm not sure what you're saying here. GPGol is able to search for WinPT
and GPA. If one of them is found, it is used. What's the problem?

> There was some interface into the menu structure for a few options, but
> not much else.

About what specific issue we are talking?

> I did not see options for when writing a message and saying ok sing this
> one and verify that e-mail was actually signed by "X" etc.

I'm a little confused now. You want to sign the mail so the recipient
can verify it? Or what do you mean by "verify that e-mail was actually
signed by 'X'"?

There are two icons in the toolbar (and also two menu entries). So if
you want to sign the mail, just click on the toolbar icon or select
the GPG/Sign entry directly via the menu.

> Am I missing something?  I reinstalled GPGol though Gpg4Win but did not
> see any difference.

I still can't figure out if the GPGol plugin was successfully installed
or not. Please give a little more information. GPGol needs at least
Outlook 2003 (SP2).

> Is GPGol actively being developed?

Yes.

> Are there other products out there that one would recommend when you are
> forced by Office requirements to use Microsoft Outlook 2003.

GPGol can help you a lot when you want to secure the Outlook
communication. We just need to track down the source of the problem
and it should work.

    Timo