[Winpt-users] GPGol part of Gpg4win

Timo Schulz twoaday at gmx.net
Mon Mar 13 08:09:29 CET 2006

On Sun Mar 12 2006; 20:48, Alan Jones wrote:

> > What exact Outlook version do you have? Did you apply any Service Packs?
> > GPGol needs at least SP2 (and 2003).
> >
> Outlook 2003 with SP1 not SP2.   I will try and upgrading Outlook and
> try again.

OK.

> It would be nice if this GPGol could work for both Outlook XP & 2003
> with most any service pack.

I agree, that it would be nice. But this was _not_ our decision. It's
the same code and it works with SP2 but not with SP0/SP1. This is
nothing we can change, sorry.

> > The problem is that Outlook is sometimes "intractable". That's why you
> > need to install at least SP2.
> >
> There also seemed to be a few more nice options in Enigmail and that was
> some of my interest.

If you have specific "feature requests", please say it.

> Will do... Who is maintaining the project these days or is it orphaned?

g10 Code is the current maintainer.

> I looked but never saw a mailing list or discussion group around GPGol.
> I have been getting worried that I maybe one of just a few using GPGol.

On gnupg-users you can also talk about gpgol issues. Actually some
people already did.

   Timo