[Winpt-users] GPGoe

Juan Ignacio Gaviria gaviria at fastmail.fm
Mon Mar 27 03:36:38 CEST 2006

Hi Timo!

I downloaded and tested GPGOE-beta and beta-1.

I was not able to see any difference betwen the two versions, except that I
reckon beta-1 can be installed in a folder other than the one containing
WinPT.

Now my messages sent with Outlook Express can be signed, encrypted and
signed+encrypted. That's good news.

There seems to be a limitation in the message viewer, which will show only
about 1,000 characters (about 150-170 words) of the decrypted message.  I
checked using the "Copy" button on the viewer and pasting elsewhere and the
message was there, but not visible.

During my testing I also tried to decrypt the encrypted message by copying
it to the clipboard and using WinPT.  There seems to be a memory issue
there, because GPGOE would not be available after using WinPT context menu.
I had to close OE and open it again for GPGOE to work properly.

I also noticed that if I wanted to paste some text in a new OE message, I
had to first open an empty file and then copy and paste.  I was not able to
do it by first copying text then opening a new message and pasting the text
in the empty message.  Nothing would happen.

There is one other thing that I am not sure happened with former version:
OE reacts inmediately when I open a message received as an attachement to
another message and the "GPG Plugin Error" (decrypt/verify: no data) small
window plus the noise that goes with it is quite annoying.

My system: Pentium IV 2.4 GHz, 1,0 Gb RAM, 120 Gb HD, Windows Xp Pro SP2, OE
v 6.00.2900.2180, WinPT v 0.11.9, GnuPG v 1.4.3-cvs.

I keep both WinPT and GPGOEInit shortcuts in my Stratup folder and they
appear in my system tray.

Keep up your great work and thank you for maintaining your interest in this
useful tool.

Best regards,

Juan Ignacio Gaviria
Isla Margarita