[Winpt-users] Why comes the binary archive without native language support?

Monika Schilling ms at mschilling.com
Wed Mar 29 16:49:18 CEST 2006

Hi,

the archive winpt-0.11.9-exe.zip lacks both the instructions how to activate
native language support and the translation files.

It took me some time to spot how to enable in particular German language
support:

I needed to download the corresponding source code archive, which contains
both instructions (README) and the German language translation file Po/de.gmo

It turned out that these instruction are a little out of date:
1.  What is called .mo file in the instructions are actually .gmo files.
2.  GnuPG 1.4.2.2 now uses a different and simpler scheme. You just have to
import a .reg file with the contents

    REGEDIT4

    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\GNU\GnuPG]
    ; Adjust the following line to your needs!
    "Lang"="de"

Are the commissions in the binary archive by accident or by intention?

Monika