[Winpt-users] GPGoe beta2 is available

Juan Ignacio Gaviria gaviria at fastmail.fm
Thu Mar 30 06:29:01 CEST 2006

Hi, Timo!

Sorry for taking so long in answering.  I was out of town and could not
check my mail.

You sure are fast at code-fixing.  I downloaded and tested beta2. The
annoying "no data" message seems to be gone for good.

The limitation in the number of characters that the message viewer will show
still persists.  It seems that you need to place the cursor inside the
viewer and then use the PageDown key on the keyboard to see the full
decrypted message (arrows in the keyboard or mouse scrollwheel will not do
anything).  It is not about the messages being excesively long:  I was
trying to decrypt your previous message to the list regarding GPGOE which I
had encrypted and resent to myself.  May I suggest a scroll bar in the
viewer?

I tried to verify the signature for a message sent to the list by John
Clizbe on March 22 and all I got was an empty message box for signature
verification even though I imported Mr Clizbe's key.  Maybe a key was
missing or invalid, but the message box did not help.

The memory (or clipboard) issue about not being able to copy text, opening a
new message and pasting the text to the new message still remains there.
You still have to open the message, then copying the text fragment and
finally pasting.

All in all, a great job!  Please keep on it.

Best regards,

Juan Ignacio Gaviria
Isla Margarita
Venezuela