[Winpt-users] gpg.conf truncation

vedaal@hush.com vedaal at hush.com
Tue Nov 7 00:46:31 CET 2006

On Mon, 06 Nov 2006 17:06:19 -0500 Ralf Latz <ralf.latz at gmail.com>
wrote:
>Hello Timo,
>
>I tried it on two machines with the same result. My gpg.conf has
>3361
>Bytes because there are many comments in it (so this is not really
>problem for me!). If I go in Key Manager, Edit, Preferences, GPG
>Options I directly can see the gpg.conf. Then I save it and the
>file
>is truncated to 2047 Bytes, you can see it after a new load. I
>also
>tried an different file larger then 2047, always the same, after
>saving, the file has been cut!

cannot confirm this,

in fact,
have just the opposite experience:

in order to make editing my gpg.conf file easier,
i add a list of *all* the options, commented out, to the end of my
gpg.conf,

and winpt accepts it without a problem

here is the list: (23,040 bytes)

#  armor
#  output file
#  local-user name
#  default-key name
#  recipient name,
#  default-recipient name
#  default-recipient-self
#  no-default-recipient
#  encrypt-to name
#  no-encrypt-to
#  quiet
#  -z n
#  textmode
#  dry-run
#  interactive
#  batch
#  no-tty
#  no-batch
#  yes
#  no
#  always-trust
#  keyserver name
#  no-auto-key-retrieve
#  honor-http-proxy
#  keyring file
#  secret-keyring file
#  homedir directory
#  charset name
#  utf8-strings, #  no-utf8-strings
#  options file
#  no-options
#  load-extension name
#  debug flags
#  debug-all
#  status-fd n
#  logger-fd n
#  no-comment
#  comment string
#  default-comment
#  no-version
#  emit-version
#  notation-data name=value
#  set-policy-url string
#  set-filename string
#  use-embedded-filename
#  completes-needed n
#  marginals-needed n
#  max-cert-depth n
#  cipher-algo name
#  digest-algo name
#  s2k-cipher-algo name
#  s2k-digest-algo name
#  s2k-mode n
#  compress-algo n
#  disable-cipher-algo name
#  disable-pubkey-algo name
#  throw-keyid
#  not-dash-escaped
#  escape-from-lines
#  passphrase-fd n
#  command-fd n
#  rfc1991
#  openpgp
#  force-v3-sigs
#  force-mdc
#  allow-non-selfsigned-uid
#  allow-freeform-uid
#  ignore-time-conflict
#  lock-once
#  lock-multiple
#  lock-never
#  no-random-seed-file
#  no-verbose
#  no-greeting
#  no-secmem-warning
#  no-armor
#  no-default-keyring
#  skip-verify
#  with-colons
#  with-key-data
#  with-fingerprint
#  fast-list-mode
#  list-only
#  no-literal
#  set-filesize
#  emulate-md-encode-bug
#  show-session-key
#  override-session-key string
#  merge-only
#  try-all-secrets

try adding them to the end of your gpg.conf files and see what
happens,
works for me on
win2k pro, 1.4.5 , winpt 1.1

vedaal

Concerned about your privacy? Instantly send FREE secure email, no account required
http://www.hushmail.com/send?l=480

https://www.hushssl.com?l=485