[Winpt-users] Possible broken Attachments

Timo Schulz twoaday at gmx.net
Thu Nov 16 09:56:36 CET 2006

Hi,

on another list some folks reported that they have a problem
with received attachments, maybe somebody can confirm this?

*Situation*:

Somebody encrypts a file (armor: JPG/ZIP) with the File Manager and
sends it to a recipient. The attachment is of course encrypted for
this recipient.

Now the recipient tries to decrypt the file. No errors, but the
output file is damaged. The gpg process on the console says that
it cannot handle lines longer than 19995 chars.

My first hint was that the mailer broke the line endings and thus
a very long line was the result which couldn't be handled by GPG.
But it seems that, on the machine of the tester, the problem also
occurs locally. Which means they encrypt the file, decrypt it and
the result is damaged on the local machine even without sending the
mail.

It would be nice if somebody could try to reproduce the problem
so I can see if the problem is WinPT or a possible (mailer) setting
on the machine the testers are using.

	Timo