[Winpt-users] Wher is the PASSPHRASE STORED in GNU/GnuPG folder

Timo Schulz twoaday at gmx.net
Sun Oct 1 16:49:24 CEST 2006

You wrote:
> DEAR Readers
>
> can anyone pl tell as to where is the passphrase stored in gpg, while
> executing encryption command and where does it go,  to execute
> decryption command.

I'm a little confused.

For encryption, let's assume you mean public-key encryption, no
passphrase is needed. For symmetric encryption, it is stored in
(secure[if available]) memory.

> can ANYONE please guide me with the handling of passphrase for
> building a frontend for GPG.I shall be thankfull .  thanks in advance
> to all replies

GPGME would be a good start. It helps you with handling of the data
and the passphrase. But I suggest to read some general documentation
about GPG interprocess communication and the status-fd/command-fd
interface.

	Timo