[Winpt-users] Install/Uninstall

Timo Schulz twoaday at gmx.net
Mon Oct 9 12:27:59 CEST 2006

On Fri Oct 06 2006; 21:32, Daniel Lipkie wrote:

> What are the steps for install/uninstall of WinPT?

This question is very general. Did you install WinPT with an
installer or did you use the stand-alone binary?

> I've already done the install of GnuPG 1.4.5.

install: just copy the zip archive into a folder and unzip it.
         run WinPT.exe and set the GPG environment. done.

> I've downloaded the exe.zip, done the unzip and now have a folder with the
> exe, dll etc. Do these need to be copied someplace special or do I just
> execute the exe for this folder and it "self-installs"? The pdf file just

Any folder can be used.

> How do I uninstall WinPT?

Just delete the folder. And if you _really_ want to delete your keyrings
also, delete $APPDATA\gnupg and $APPDATA\winpt. But before I suggest to
read the WinPT-Intro.pdf which comes with the zip archive to have a
basic understand of each component.

      Timo