No subject

Wed Jun 6 17:54:45 CEST 2007

The text is greyed out and that is all I can see.  The browse button is
also disabled.=20

Ahh, just clicked on the 'Override default settings' checkbox and I can
see the path is=20
'C:\Documents and Settings\grayd\Application Data\gnupg'.=20

>> However I cannot see these from the WinPT interface (Or the GNU
Privacy
>> Assistant). =20

>Did you reload the keyring after import? (Even so it should be done
>automatically?)

I refreshed quite a few times using reload the key cache but it makes no
difference.=20

> Can anyone tell me how to make this key pair available to WinPT so I
can
> encrypt and decrypt data wit hit?=20

Usually this should work without any problems.

>> Pretty Good Privacy(tm) 2.6.3i - Public-key encryption for the
masses.
>>=20
>> (c) 1990-96 Philip Zimmermann, Phil's Pretty Good Software.
1996-01-14
>>=20
>> International version - not for use in the USA. Does not use RSAREF.

>Maybe the problem is, that these keys are not OpenPGP and thus likely
>to use IDEA for encryption? GPG does not provide IDEA due to patent
>reasons.

That's a good point and sounds likely.  These keys were created with a
very old version of=20
PGP which one of our customers refuses to upgrade from.  I might have to
look at the commercial=20
PGP software to see if that can handle these "old" keys.  =20

> PS - First post here, is it ok to post screenshots or is it just text?

If you want to send screen shots, please send them directly to my
address. The list has a message size limit and it's likely that
mail would be blocked.

	Timo