[Winpt-users] documentation about winpt and a wiki idea

Timo Schulz twoaday at gmx.net
Thu May 10 09:37:34 CEST 2007

Bill Harris wrote:

>> An attractive (and active!) Wiki would mean that we need a maintainer
>> for it. And right now there are no volunteers nor any active team
>
> Timo,
>
> Is that true?  One could set up a free Wiki on

I see your point and I know a wiki is a community project. But even so
it needs a little supervision to check the texts. Of course I don't
suspect people contribute wrong texts, but the mother of all Wikis
is a good example that texts needs to be reviewed from time to time.

> http://www.wikispaces.com/ or the like and see what happens.  I suspect
> that individuals might take it upon themselves to be gardeners, to tend

It's worth to try and actually the gforge environment also has a wiki
plugin. And maybe the wiki will also help to remind people WinPT still
exists. It's worse enemy, right now, is the problem that the SF.net
WinPT (dead!) project is listed first in google and that there are not
much links to the winpt websites. Which makes the project, as a logical
result, invisible for newbies and people who search for such a tool.

	Timo