[Winpt-users] Help request

David Gray David.Gray at turpin-distribution.com
Fri Oct 12 17:32:17 CEST 2007

Hi all,

Using WinPT v1.2 on Windows XP Pro.

I've exported a couple of public/secret keys in ASCII format which I
then imported

into GnuPG 1.4.7 using the command line.

I can see the keys (oecd & Eurospan) using...

U:\>gpg --list-secret-keys

C:/Documents and Settings/grayd/Application Data/gnupg\secring.gpg

sec   1024R/D4DCCF89 2005-01-06

uid                  grayd at extenza-turpin.com

sec   1024R/901D7CDD 2004-06-18

uid                  oecd

sec   1024R/7A88AFCD 1999-10-08

uid                  eurospan

However I cannot see these from the WinPT interface (Or the GNU Privacy
Assistant).

Using the latter program I can see the keys in the preferences window.

Can anyone tell me how to make this key pair available to WinPT so I can
encrypt and decrypt data wit hit?

This is the output from PGP where the keys cam from originally.

L:\>pgp -kv secring.pgp

Pretty Good Privacy(tm) 2.6.3i - Public-key encryption for the masses.

(c) 1990-96 Philip Zimmermann, Phil's Pretty Good Software. 1996-01-14

International version - not for use in the USA. Does not use RSAREF.

Current time: 2007/10/12 15:31 GMT

Key ring: 'secring.pgp'

Type Bits/KeyID    Date       User ID

sec  1024/D4DCCF89 2005/01/06 grayd at extenza-turpin.com

sec  1024/901D7CDD 2004/06/18 oecd

sec  1024/7A88AFCD 1999/10/08 eurospan

3 matching keys found.

Dave.

PS - First post here, is it ok to post screenshots or is it just text?

Registered Office: Turpin Distribution Services Ltd, Pegasus Drive, Stratton Business Park, Biggleswade, Bedfordshire, SG18 8TQ, UK. ***** Registered in England No. 1331778 ***** This email may contain confidential information and/or copyright material. This email is intended for the use of the addressee only. Any unauthorised use may be unlawful. If you receive this email by mistake, please advise the sender immediately by using the reply facility in your email software.