[Winpt-users] Help request

vedaal@hush.com vedaal at hush.com
Tue Oct 16 16:22:37 CEST 2007

On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 17:17:34 -0400 Timo Schulz <twoaday at gmx.net>
wrote:

>I'm not really sure what to do with old pgp 2.6.x keys. For sign
>and/or verify they are still useful but for encryption with GPG
>there is always the IDEA issue.

a simple workaround, is to remove the passphrase using pgp, and
then import it into gnupg, and them make a new passphrase using
whatever algorithm the user prefers

>And of course v3 keys have some security problems, mainly with MD5
>as a major weakness.

again,
once imported into gnupg,
v3 keys can use 'any' hash algorithm to sign with

fwiw,
i still have and use my original v3 pgp 2.x key,
as it is the one most trusted by some of the people i correspond
with

vedaal