[Winpt-users] Status of the Project

Timo Schulz twoaday at gmx.net
Fri Sep 28 21:07:53 CEST 2007

Hi!

This is a status update for the WinPT project.
Due to the fact that no developers from the free software
community (Windows!) is interested to help the project, or
I did not succeed to spread the word so it was heard
by some developers, I have to act.

I've to say I'm really sorry to turn my back on the
Windows community, but right now there is not even
a single day I could spend on the project and it definitely
needs continuous support. The current situation is not
satisfying either for me or the users.

In the forum there are occasional posts with problems
and somebody needs to work on them, I don't have any
free time to do it. Plus, bugs need to be fixed.

So, as soon as the gpg4win project provides sufficient
support and facilities for the functions WinPT provides,
the project will be shutdown, also the website and the
mailing lists.

Even with financial aid, I don't believe it'll be possible
to provide continuous support for the project so without
a new programmer, as a designated successor, WinPT is supposed
to vanish into thin air :-(.

	Timo