[Winpt-users] Announcement for WinPT 1.3.0

Timo Schulz twoaday at gmx.net
Sat Oct 25 11:33:46 CEST 2008

Hi,

after more than two years the project had release a new version.
WinPT 1.3.0 is now available for download. Either at wald.intevation.org
or directly at the new site winpt.gnupt.de.

As noted at several sites, the release is a bug fix release. It does not
introduce any new features. We tried to fix the major problems and to
disable features which caused trouble in the past.
Some of you probably noticed, that we also removed some features. We
decided that WinPT should focus on OpenPGP functionality and leave other
tasks to dedicated programs. This way, the program will be more
lightweight and easier to maintain.

Due to this reason we removed the 'Wipe Feature'. Secure file wiping is
a very complex task and not related to OpenPGP. There are dedicated,
free(!) programs to perform this task and there is no need to provide
such a feature in WinPT.

	Timo