hg Module renaming done

Sascha L. Teichmann sascha.teichmann at intevation.de
Wed May 8 10:35:30 CEST 2013

On 07.05.2013 16:21, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 7. Mai 2013 15:01:34 schrieb Bernhard Reiter:
>> last week we have renamed our source code repositories to match
>> the Dive4Elements name. We now have:
>
> Here are my suggestions for the module descriptions. Sascha,
> Raimund, Felix: What do you think?
>
> framework   transaction server, 2nd generation gnv-client  1st
> generation, server side of non-async webclient http-client server
> side of async webclient, rest, 2nd generation river       smart-gwt
> webclient, for rivers (Hydrology, Morphology), 2nd gen

Okay, some remarks.

- http-client should be moved into the framework because it is basic
  infrastructure needed by by all D4E incarnations.

  I have not done this yet to avoid breakage of our current
  build/release process. Furthermore I need some advise from
  our local mercurial heros to move the history of the top level
  repo into the framework one.

  It would come with the pro that we only need to check out two
  repos instead of three to build D4E river.

- gnv-client is only one part of the first gen stuff.

  The gnv-artifacts and the gnv-backend are not yet converted
  to mercurial ... they still hog in the old subversion which
  is only accessible inside Intevation.

  To solve this I suggest to create a new top level repo named
  'ocean' and move the gnv-artifacts to ocean/artifacts,
  gnv-backend to ocean/backend and gnv-client to ocean/struts-client.
  This will improve the symmetry of the two incarnations.

  We still have to decide how the massive renaming done in framework
  should lead to changes in the first gen ocean stuff.
  Using tip of all repos will currently result in build failures
  in the old stuff.

> I've added the following description to the webpage:
>
> "Webapplication to visualize complex environmental data and model
> results."

Make it

  "Webapplication to compute and visualize complex environmental data
   and model results."

and it looks good to me.

--
teichmann at intevation.de | ++49-(0) 541-33 50 83-636 |