"contrib" subdirs (Re: hg Module renaming done)

Sascha L. Teichmann sascha.teichmann at intevation.de
Wed May 8 10:47:04 CEST 2013

On 07.05.2013 15:13, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 7. Mai 2013 15:01:34 schrieb Bernhard Reiter:
>> We now have:
>>
>> framework
>> gnv-client
>> http-client
>> river
>
> Just noticed that we have a number of directories called "contrib".
>
> ./gnv-client/geo-backend/contrib
> ./gnv-client/gnv-artifacts/contrib
> ./framework/contrib
> ./river/artifacts/contrib
> ./river/backend/contrib
> ./river/contrib
> ./river/etl/contrib
>
> They seem to contain support scripts and other things.
> To me "contrib" stands for something that our initiative does
> not maintain as opposed to support scripts that we do feel responsible for in
> principle.
>
> What about renaming those directories to something else?

Suggestions? I can live with contrib. The things inside are
contributions which are not directly needed in the resulting
product and by now our 'community' is quiet small.

The only contrib folder I recommend to rename is './river/contrib'
There is the release building stuff which definitely is not
only a contrib!

What bugs me more is the _essential_ setup stuff like
schema definitions and configurations buried deep in the
'doc' folders. They should really be moved up to 'conf/setup' folders.

> Bernhard

- Sascha

--
teichmann at intevation.de | ++49-(0) 541-33 50 83-636 |